Saturday 29 August, 2009

In the middle of traffic…..(a short story)

In the middle of traffic…..(a short story)

“anna please, go quick” he begged to the auto driver, “what can I do sir, traffic is blocked somewhere and I think some VIPs are going on these route”, he was totally disappointed by the auto driver’s reply. “anna please…try to go anyway..I should reach the hospital as soon as possible..otherwise….”he lost his control and started to weep. “sir what is the problem…if you are not feeling well I can call an ambulance for you sir…but…”the traffic was very thick because police was blocked the traffic and no vehicle was going on either side but police vehicles with siren and white ambassodor cars were passing intermittently very fast above the restricted speed limit. “anna…you know my wife is hospitalized with a cardiac attack, they telling it is serious…and I should be there with my wife….” “sir, I will try to take you to hospital very soon, but, tomorrow is our independence day…why these roads are blocked for our leaders?!....sir, I will ask that police man..”he shouted and stopped the vehicle, then he went out to meet a police man giving orders to the drivers, he has a wireless system in his hand and somebody giving orders through it….”hey krishnaaa..whats the matter, who is passing through?”he asked his fellow auto driver.”vijayannna, its our fate, chief minister’s son…our deputy chief minister is here for a procession for this byelection…anyway…vijayanna,don’t forget tomorrow to come early to our union office for the flag hoisiting function..” “aamaa…krishnaa..”and he moved to the police man. “sir,please…my pasenger’s wife is in serious condition in Ganga hospital…he is crying in my auto..please..if you allow us to go very soon…” before he completing his sentence the police man shouted..”what?!..I am also in serious condition..minister is coming..you see..” “sir, please..”..police man shouted to him “I told you no ..NO..go from here…”
He was crying like a little child When the driver reached to the driver seat…”sir..I cannot do anything ..these ministers blocking our way to home…what minister…hum…tomorrow is our independence day..what independence?!...still we are in family raj…but, the name king changed to minister..he and his family rules our state and country…we vote for this also…everything changed, eventhough the family raj,,king..then his sons..then his son…they can do anything in our country…where is our independence?..”..”annaa…what happened..will he allow us to go hospital?”…”sorry sir…I am very sorry…we the common people are always donkeys.......we have to wait to pass our minister, whom we have voted…what a democracy?...is he asking our respect by showing all these or does he fear us”…still white ambassador cars and police vans are going with siren….some of the vehicles are carrying the minister’s party supporters..they are shouting “Jay” to their leader.

No comments: