Tuesday 1 December, 2009

My Selma(Short story after reading the Broken Wings of Kahlil Gibran)

My Selma(A Short story after reading the Broken Wings of Kahlil Gibran)

I met my Selma when I was entered in to the age of maturity. She came in to my mind through my eyes and I pondered her heart and embraced her soul through her eyes. She communicated her heart always through her eyes, and it was only the medium of communication during the flowering stages of our love. A very pleasant silence prevailed in between us much time, since there was nothing to pronounce because we were single soul but in two bodies.

The silence was broken when I told her that I desire to marry her. So that the two bodies always be together as being our soul. I saw the trembling of her red lips as the quivering of red rose when a breeze touching its petals. I saw a bright light emanating from her face as the rays from rising sun, and her cheeks became red as if two red roses have blossomed in a single stem. My heart shuddered in that deep silence when I felt two invisible hands with its fiery fingers appearing from her bright eyes and piercing into my heart to hug my spirit to make it one. She was my breath and my life after that. The hours we spent together passed as seconds and years as days. Each day passed us giving sweet memories and giving sweet dreams.

One day the strange reality of life entered into our dream as a sudden thunder wakes us up from a deep sleep. This demon manifested into many forms and her parents decided to get marry off her to the prince who follows their religious belief. The bondage between our spirits was weak and it became very hard to break the servitude of the mother’s heavenly love. When the love of breeze touches a ripened fruit, the mother plant let them go away from its shadow for a greater freedom and bright future of another generation. But, we human never leave their chicks from their wings, but they expel them if they dare to enjoy their freedom. This demon appeared as the sun in the love life of earth and water. She was pure in heart and true in love, not able to break the laws made by her shrewd forefathers for their grip in the society, came to me and told me as Selma karamy of Kahlil Gibran that limited love asks for the possession of the beloved, but unlimited asks only for itself and she broken my wings.

No comments: