Monday 8 March, 2010

Still he is waiting… (a short story)

Still he is waiting… (a short story)

Called Kunjaalee!?..how long I am waiting here…ey…no… would not I sit here if they had called me?!!....i think morning tea and dosha have been digested well…ho..uu…this hungry eat my stomach……am I losing my sights?......

Money and the fame that I had in my home place still make me feel proud…..but, why don’t they care me now?...where I made the mistake?...was it the partition of my wealth? …

Me and my Molutty would not have suffered like this when there is not the Karippur Airport.

I strived to get all these wealth by selling Surbath and thus people called me “water Kunjaaalee”, but now my wealth and properties….!!....but..my children... whom they I cared lot,.... why did I earned these much…?...was it for me and my Moluttee’s half feet belly? why don’t they understand it….they also became fathers as I am?...

They have taken all the money that I got for an acre from the air port authority…..they can take it…have I strived only for them…?...I did not hate them when they sold my land to dig out the soil, that was created by my forefathers…why do I hate them?..I and my Moluttee struggled for them only….I did not even opposed them when they asked me to divide the lands among them…why do I oppose them…...everything is for them only….I did not oppose them when they constructed houses on my forefathers chest without asking me….which father can oppose when their children construct houses?...is there any fathers who don’t like their children live in a good position?...did Sulaiman come yet after handing my little mentally retarded daughter Nafeesa to Moluttee?....when will they understand this old man’s feelings?....where I made the mistake….ey….no..

Anyway we came here….Moluttee..she is also not feeling well…I can take her also with me….she is very humble….even though she got all the capacity to keep everything in her heart….she only got it….

He is still waiting …………….to get called his name………….

(Actually this story was written before 10 years in malayalam and published in college magazine in 2001(you can read it in malayalam on
http://abdulkareemdiary.blogspot.com/search/label/Ayaal%20Kaathirikkunnu:A%20short%20story%20written%20by%20Me) , when the main character was in death bead…he was waiting the call from God…but today, both of these two characters are not alive…and now he is not waiting to get called his name…..it was the life of a man who struggled and suffered to acquire acres of lands and lots of money, but he lost majority of his land for the Calicut air port (karippur airport) for a meager amount of money, and his old age compelled him to distribute the balance amongst his children, but as usual, when the fruit becomes ripen that forget the mother tree.

The background of this story may be real but as a story, it is my imagination and my creation.

Surbath is liquid made from a plant extract, egg and sugar and It is a familiar thirst quencher in Malabar, but now people have moved to use colas to show their status.)

No comments: