Thursday 24 December, 2009

A Jyothi in my heart when I was in a hospital bed! (Short Story)

A Jyothi in my heart when I was in a hospital bed!
It was a pleasant Sunday evening and I decided to return to my college from my home place on that eve. After enjoying my weekend with my little sweet hearts, my nieces and nephew, I left my home by bus. I never dreamt of any impediments to my travel and I did not have it before also. But, while we were entering to the Tamilnadu state, and it was around 10 pm, the time took me drowsy, our bus had a head on collision with a Scorpio and my upper part has been pushed to the front seat, thank God, luckily my mandible hit on the back of the front seat. I felt a shock on all my head and pain all my head, I switched on the torch on my mobile to see what was happening around. When I saw blood flowing from the head, mouth and lower jaws of the fellow passengers, I realized the same on my lower jaw and I felt blood on my mouth. I covered the mouth of the wound on my mandible by my handkerchief and got out of the bus along with the fellow passengers. There was no bus driver and the conductor to give any instructions; they have been escaped from the accident zone. Some of the dwellers came there and given us water and somebody called the police and 108 for ambulance. But, we waited there for half an hour for the Ambulance and to see a police officer to move to the nearby hospital.
I forgot the pain and found joy in my heart when she entered in to my room with Jyothi (Light). It was she, Jyothi, not with jyothi. The two bright eyes of her caught my heart and I found something deep in her eyes. I don’t know what she was trying to say, but found her heart on her eyes. I don’t know why she did not left my room when others left and continued to talk about everything in her life. She brought me water and biscuit from her room in that night when I told her that I feel hungry and she continued to talk until I sleep.
I was surprised to see the same Jyothi (Light) when I was awaken in the morning, and talking still about her life. She helped me to put my shirt when I was struggling to put it with the IV syringe. When I told her to remove the IV syringe in the evening, she ran to take cotton and water and gently started to put the water on the bandage to remove the syringe. I think she would have known that I have pain; otherwise she would not have started to talk again continuously. She gently held my hand to one of her hand and gently applied the water with the other hand. I found the bright Jyothi when she laughed while I replied “I am not sharuk khan to shave all my hairs!” for her comment “it is a forest” about my hand, while I screamed when she started to remove the bandage.
I cannot forget the moment when I told her that I am leaving; she stopped her talking and bowed her head then raised and started to gaze on my eyes. I don’t know whether she was trying to say something or something stopped her tongue. I found a drop of tear arising from the corner of her eyes and she bowed her head again.

No comments: